Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Training Week 11:

I don't feel like getting dressed. I'm finding it hard to put on nice clothes these days. Fortunately, I have a job where I can wear shorts and flip flops, but it's not like me not to want to wear a cute dress, cute shoes, cute whatever. I never go out looking awful. The hair gets done, the mascara goes on, mani / pedi -- check. Just can't seem to get it together in the wardrobe department, and I totally blame marathon training. How can I want to wear anything but comfortable clothes when my muscles are all irritable? My lower back is always a little achy, my quads are always talking to me, my feet (despite the pedi) are jacked up with blisters, peeling skin, and soreness. I'm always tired and always hungry. So, why the hell am I doing this? Why do I put myself through the early morning West Side Highway run? Why do I spend hundreds of dollars on gear, my trainer, my pt, massages?

Gotta say I've got some kick ass Tina Turner legs goin' on. I'm not losing weight, but my body is starting to look like an athelete's, and I'm totally diggin' it.

Met Alison at 7:15a.m. for a 5 mile run up the WSH. This week's been tough. Yesterday had to run 5 miles and I just wasn't in the game mentally or physically, but I plowed through. Today the only reason why I didn't die of boredom was because Alison and I talked the whole time. Plus, fighting the bicycle traffic keeps things stimulating.

This weekend: Nike 1/2 Marathon! First time ever in NYC, we'll be running the park, then through the early morning streets down to Battery Park. Is it too ambitious for me to try and beat my 2(h), 11(m) time?

No comments: