Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm back (sorta)

(When you have a second check out Recession This! which is a new blog of which I am a founder and contributer.)

After eight weeks of therapy two times a week I'm finally running again! I'm not at 100% yet, and I'm only running about 20 minutes at a time. (I cheated over the weekend and ran 30 minutes. I blame Madonna. I was listening to music and one of her songs came on just as I was coming to the end, so I decided one more song wouldn't hurt. That's probably what A-Rod thought, too.) But, I do feel much better than when this mess first started.

I'm totally inspired by the Olympics this year. It's always pretty inspiring, but Dara Torres is the woman! 41 years old and breaking records. I hope we don't find out in a week or five years that she was "juiced". Not my terminology, btw -- Dr. Amico said that this morning as he's very skeptical of my girl. Every time I start doubting my Boston Marathon goal I think of Dara, who is not only 41, but also a mom. I'm not a mom and I'm not 41. And, my injury is not life threatening or going to prevent me from running 3:45:59 this year, dammit!

Alison is getting ready for the triathalon in less than two weeks. I'm looking forward to being a spectator. I thought I'd change my mind about doing a tri, but I'm still not feeling it. I'm perfectly happy swimming simply to get relief from the heat and have no desire to dunk my head in the Hudson. Nor do I wish to experience the sore butt cycling brings, though I have mad respect for those who do.

July 14: Run in Central Park for the first time in 3 months.

No comments: