Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Grete's Gallop

Wow, what perfect weather! It was a lovely day for a run last Saturday, and I took advantage by mentally and physically preparing all week in hopes of a strong race. I didn't disappoint myself; I finished feeling good and only one minute slower than last year, where I PR'd at 2:00:something. This year was 2:01: something. But, that's ok, I had a great race, especially compared to how I've been doing this year. The night before the race I ate linguine with white clam sauce. I think pasta is the way to go. I've experimented with a more balanced plate: a protein, a vegetable, and a starch. But, I'd been losing steam at the end. Having a more carb-heavy dinner proved effective, at least on Saturday. I'll continue down this road and see if it continues to make a difference.

No comments: