Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful...

Where the heck did fall go? I was expecting to enjoy some chilly, not freezing, runs for at least another month, but it looks like Mother Nature has other plans. Sigh.
Alison, Adam and I met at the gym this morning; Alison said she hated the gym at least 20 times. I was happy to be on the treadmill because I hadn't been motivated to get out of bed to run outside all week. It felt good to move my legs, work up a sweat.
Unlike some of my more thick-skinned runner friends, I do not like running in temperatures below 40 degrees. I have a really hard time getting started, and by "getting started" I mean getting my butt out of bed and out the door. Why would anyone want to leave a warm, toasty bed in favor of cold Central Park? So, it looks like I'll be in the gym and on the treadmill sooner than I thought.

No comments: