Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Running Gifts

Baby, it's cold outside.
Once the run starts, however, it's not so bad. In fact, I don't mind it so much. As long as it doesn't drop below 34 degrees I'm fine to throw on multiple layers and get my (cold) run on.
Speaking of multiple layers, Runner's World has some cool gift ideas for the holidays. I'm not going to lie -- most of the stuff on the list isn't priced for the frugal shopper. But, if you are a runner or have a runner on your gift list, give it a look. There's some great books on the list that are affordable, as is the pedi-relax set. And, we runners need products to help us take care of our tough, ugly feet. (I speak only for myself as I have plenty of runner friends with pretty feet. I, sad to say, suffer missing toenails and blisters.)
Other gifts runners love: massages, facials, foot rubs, yoga classes, socks, gift certificates to Niketown, Jack Rabbit Sports, and, if you want to do something really cool for your runner, pay for their first three NYRR race fees for 2009.

No comments: