Friday, August 08, 2008

8.8.08

The Olympics start today in Beijing! Not many people know this, but I am a sucker for the opening ceremony. I gotta say, it gets me right in the heart every time. Tears, I say. Tears.

Where does the time go? It's already August and I'm not feeling the marathon training this year. I'm no where near ready. I'll do my first 13 mile run this weekend, and I'll see how I feel after that, but I gotta admit I'm having a tough time. I'm tired. My body, generally, does not want to move. And, my little disc problem is flaring up again. What the hell?

OK, ok, so I'm complaining -- AGAIN. I know it's not fun to read someone bitch and moan, so let me give out some positive energy as I replay the running week.

Good stuff did happen. Speed work day was actually pretty good. My quad did not seize up and I did my "don't be afraid to be uncomfortable" chant as I ran around Sheep's Meadow in 3rd gear. And, we did some crazy sprints up a hill where I got to practice high knees. Abby says I'm improving.

Also this week: Alison and I finally got around to the weight training we've been threatening to incorporate. We're doing Wednesday mornings in the gym. Six pack here I come.

This morning: well, I did not feel like running, but I got my ass out of bed and ran 4 miles in the park. Once I got going I felt pretty good. I was anticipating a slow, painful drudge, but I was pretty speedy and comfortable.

The weather has been mild. Mornings are relatively cool and almost humidity-free. Maybe this change in the weather will re-energize me, get me feelin' good again.

I am so going back to Asics! Mizunos aren't my friend. They have a serious grudge against my feet, my toes in particular.

No comments: