Sunday, August 10, 2008

I had my first workout with Anthony this afternoon. We're concentrating on core strength, which I'm going to do two days a week. This, along with my four day a week running schedule and one day of yoga will, hopefully, make me stronger an keep my body relatively safe from injury. It's taken me a minute to fully embrace running less, but I'm listening to Abby and Anthony and Dr. Amico, who have all said the NYRR training schedule is crazy. I used that schedule for two years, and it turned me into a runner, that is for sure, but I want to be more than a runner; I want to be a strong athlete who will be able to run for years. Anthony said it best; I'm not a professional athlete with access to expensive therapy and round-the-clock trainers. I don't have the time for it either. I work full time and have a million other things I do in addition, so I need to be smart.

This new training schedule should also help me enjoy running again, I hope. It's been so hard these past few weeks and not really any fun at all.

No comments: