Saturday, July 25, 2009

NYC Triathlon!

Okay, it's the day before. Here is a link to the greatest motivational speech ever.

Today all I have to remember is to pack and deliver my bike to the transition area. And review how to fix a flat tire. My legs are sore... I'm still recovering from an IT Band, but I feel pretty good. I am going through the race in my head... Swim: nice and relaxed for the first 1/2 mile to get comfortable, then pick it up for the last half. Run in bare feet to the bike, while stripping off the wet suit. Dry my feet and face. put my shoes and socks on. Gloves and helmet. and cycle my way for 25 miles. The distance doesn't bother me, it's the unknown course. We've been training in the park, not up and down the Henry Hudson Park way. We're biking through the Bronx, should I bring a gun? No, that'll weigh me and "Patches" (my bike) down.
Once we're done biking, back to the transition area. park the bike, take off my gloves and helmet. Please, God, let me remember to take off my helmet- drink some fluids and eat goo. wipe yourself off, and run like a girl, man, run like a girl!!

This is where I'll be nervous. I really believe that my IT Band has 90% recovered, but either way, I can't be scared of the pain. I have to finish this... I will! Thanks for the support..

I have to go.... now... people are coming over...

2 comments:

Coach Abby said...

Go Kirk! I will be on the running course at mile 3-4. If you need a running buddy, just holler :) I'll be wearing my sneaks and ready with some crazy stories to distract you. Goooooooooo!

McGee4Me said...

Thanks Abby.