Monday, July 06, 2009

Testing One, Two, Three

Soundcheck is doing a show on the best running songs to keep you motivated through the height of marathon training. Check it out at 2:00 today on WNYC.

Meanwhile, take a listen to this great mix Amanda put together. I've been listening to it on those days when my feet need some extra help getting a move on:

Wake Up / Arcade Fire
Paper Planes / m.i.a
The Bucket / Kings of Leon
Know the Ledge / Eric B. & Rakim
Stronger / Kanye West
Lights Out / Santogold
Zero / Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Obvious Child / Paul Simon
Live Your Life / T.I. & Rhianna
New York Groove / Ace Frehley
Glamorous / Fergie
Read My Mind / The Killers
Keep The Car Running / Arcade Fire
Float On / Modest Mouse
Anywhere Is / Enya
Family Tree / TV On The Radio

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I should have given you one more -- Bittersweet Symphony, by the Verve, is the best song to end a run with! Somehow it never gets old, and really helps me kick it in the last half mile.

I also highly recommend anyone to run to something like Enya's greatest hits. Cheesy, I know, but you'd be surprised how really happy/uplifting music can affect a run. As helpful as badass hip-hop and rock can be, melodic tunes can make you feel like you're in your own movie, which I always find enjoyable. :)