Tuesday, October 31, 2006

EVERYTHING IN IT'S RIGHT PLACE


Happy Halloween!

Over the weekend I pulled out some old long sleeved "Chappelle's Show" t-shirts and a pair of "Stuckeyville" sweatpants that I won't mind discarding on the Marathon trail. One thing about working on t.v. shows--they all give out gym wear as gifts. So, I won't need to make a trip to the Salvation Army to buy disposable clothes. Check that off the list.

I ate the last of the oatmeal this morning. And, the bananas were too ripe to eat, so I had to pitch them. I'd planned a trip to Trader Joe's anyway. That'll happen after work. Check that off the list.

Kiersten and Jessica arrive Thursday. That means cleaning the apartment, doing laundry, and getting Kiersten a belated birthday gift. I think I can do some of this tonight and tomorrow.

The key is to stay focused and calm, and not let excitement and anxiety get in the way of enjoying the week. So far I've been okay. Last night I was in bed by 10:00, asleep by 10:30, started waking up at 5:15a.m., but stayed in bed until 6:33a.m. when my alarm went off.

Met Alison this morning at 7:00. Tomorrow we'll meet at 6:30. Then 6:00 on Thursday. This will be good practice for Marathon morning when I'm sure we'll be up around 4:00. I'm anxious just looking at it.

And now for the part where I talk about something completely unrelated. I'm reading a good book called "The Russian Debutante's Handbook" by Gary Shteyngart. I know it's good because the little I've read so far keeps me coming back, but I can't say it's really sinking in just yet because I'm busy thinking about (insert the word "Marathon" here).

Is "Heroes" a good show? I can't tell. It seems interesting, but do I want to follow it every week? I'm already committed to BSG, and I feel it's enough to sustain my need for serial sci-fi drama.

Look at that! I talked about entertainment for a whole 2 paragraphs before my mind drifted back to running! Yes, they are short paragraphs, but it's a start.

NIKE makes these fantastically comfortable dri-fit shirts that I LOVE. And, they come in an aray of rich, bright colors. I sound like a commercial. I know NIKE has been in trouble for their sweatshop practices. But, I love their clothes. They make the best clothes for women. No one else I've found so far really cuts clothes properly for women's bodies. It's embarrassing! Women have been athletes now for, what, like hundreds of years? And no one but NIKE has figured out how to make flattering yet functional clothes for the ladies?!? So, NIKE has my money. I even like some of their running shoes. Ciara is also a die hard NIKE fan, as I might have mentioned in a previous post.

Clothes: $100.00
Oatmeal and Bananas: $2.30
Knowing where all your shit is the day of the Marathon: Priceless

No comments: