Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Astoria Rain

So here is how I thought it would go.

One day I would get up and run 26 miles, um point something.

But then I found out that is not how it works. Apparently, before you can run 26+ miles you have to run 20 miles, and before that 18 miles, and 15 and 13.1 and so on and so on. Until one day months before you ever run 26 something miles, you find yourself running 4 miles in the rain a little after midnight just so you can run your pre-training training run.

Running after midnight isn't the worst. It's exciting in a way. In the way that it makes you feel like you are doing something wonderful, dangerous and super human. Also in the way that makes you think, 'I may not be ready to run a marathon yet, but if I can run in this crap then how bad can that 26 miler be?'

1 comment:

Running Girl said...

I have never run after midnight because, as a woman, I feel it's dangerous. Now that my husband is running I might insist we try it out.