Friday, May 15, 2009

What, me worry?

So, the big ol' Brooklyn Half is coming up at the end of May. Since I've never run a race during marathon training outside Manhattan it's been one of my goals to do just that. Last year I couldn't pull it together to get to another borough as the disc injury prevented me from running until fairly late in the season. This year I have no excuse. Transportation is being taken care of so I can't use that; my back feels ok; and lots of friends are running, which is always motivation for me to do things I'm typically too lazy to do. The only problem is my long runs haven't been very long at all. The most I've done is a 15k and that was, what, seven weeks ago? To be fair I did run nine miles two weeks back, did a six miler while on vacation, and plan to run the 10K Healthy Kidney race tomorrow. That, combined with my regular runs and speed work class, should be enough. Not one to err on the side of caution, but definitely one to stress until after the race when I discover I have indeed survived, I will be at the Brooklyn Half. Hopefully in new Asics.

No comments: